Sunday, June 27, 2010

Changing things up a bit

I've been thinking about changing this up a bit. I do read a lot, and want to put my little 2 cents in on those books, but lately I also find myself learning about little things here and there. Just random bits and pieces that pop up in books, life, and most often here lately, other blogs. I'm finding out more and more how much I really have no idea about anything outside my raising kids, endless PTA meetings, friends and family life. I don't know if it's more of an American thing to just be basically clueless about the rest of the world, (everyone I know certainly is), or if it's just a birds of a feather thing. Either way, I enjoy learning and would like to make an effort to learn. So, that said, and this being my blog so I can do what I want with it, I'm going to try and throw in the bits and pieces of attempted knowledge I might pick up along with my reading obsession.

4 comments:

seana graham said...

Sounds like a great (and endless) project. I know from doing my own blog and from hanging around some of these others that I am forced to be a bit more curious as I go through life. Good luck.

I do think you might be understating yourself in your profile, though. Something more like "Just an ordinary gun-totin', dog lovin' Texan who likes to read" might be more on the mark...

Glenna said...

Hahaha, you have a way with words. I'm going to have to think on it... There's so much I want to put...

Glenna said...

Oh, and thanks for the idea Seana

seana graham said...

Love the new profile--I think the PTA parts adds another dimension. Glad to see you getting this blog up and going again. I forgot to say that I added you to my blog roll. So now I'll be aware when you make new posts.