Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Glass Castle

This book surprised me. I don't normally read books like this, even though I tend to enjoy and learn things from them. This one was no different..I couldn't put it down, (except at times I had to to get over some silly frustration with the people in the book). The basic story is about a young girl growing up with parents who seem to refuse to. On the surface, when she is young, her parents are fun and exciting. They have "adventures" that any young child would love. Underneath, they are avoiding all responsibility. They don't work, normally don't have money or food, and anytime something happens they don't like, they pack up and move. It's a beautiful story over all though. It really showed a lot about how we choose our lives and who we are. We don't have to succumb to the circumstances. Every teenager that thinks their life is hard and terrible should read this story.

The Glass Castle

Currently reading - One Shot by Lee Child

No comments: