Sunday, June 27, 2010

Relic by Preston Douglas and Lincoln Child


This book was interesting to me. I can't decide if I liked it or if I didn't. I liked the story line, and actually only finished it because I wanted to know how it turned out, but there was a lot of scientific information in it that seemed to slow the story down too. However, the information did pertain to the story and I do think it needed to be there. Also, I did wonder if I'd be disappointed, and it would have some corny Scooby Doo ending, but thankfully, that didn't happen.

The story line reminded me of something along the lines of a Michael Crichton novel. I'm not sure how to describe it without giving something away, so I'll just say there's something, or someone lurking in a museum sneaking around killing people in a very grotesque and odd manner. Margo Green, a doctorate candidate working on her dissertation under the direction of a curator at the museum, and an FBI agent, Pendergast, along with an NYPD detective work together to figure out what is going on. It sounds typical I know, but trust me when I say it isn't. One reviewer on the cover of the book described it as Jurassic Park meets Alien...and I think that fits pretty well. All in all, I'm trying to decide if I want to read the sequel.

Relic

Currently reading-Nothing to Lose by Lee Child

No comments: